Im getting the following error dialog box on my PC 'Explorer has caused an error in OLE32.dll. Explorer will now close.'
This error message totally paralyses my PC. The moment I click close on the error I have less than 1 second before it pops back up and cannot do anything with the PC, the error message never disappears, just keeps coming back.
I've listed below all the things I've done to try to get rid of the bug, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
1) Re-installed product recovery CD Rom, but once completed the error was still there
2) In Safe mode tried restore to a number of different times but none of them worked
3) In Safe mode undertook a thorough scan disk, but it kept re-starting the scan as it said there were too many things open, the only thing that was open was the error message that just won't go.
4) Tried to install some security software from a disk but I just have no access to the desktop with the error message.
5) CTR/ALT Delete does not work with the error
6) The one time I managed to get into windows explorer, I tried to delete the OLE32.dll file, but it would not delete it as it was in use by windows.