|The last entry in this submission provides MOST of the detail:|
BUT omits one essential element, namely creating and highlighting a space in the document.
To change the default font in Wordpad therefore:
1. Open WordPad
2. At top left of document type a space, then select (highlight) it
3. Change font to what you want
4. Save document
5. Change properties of document to Read Only
6. Use that document for future compositions. As document is Read Only, you will be unable to save new text to it. Each time you press Save, as well as Save As, you will have to save somewhere else, thus preserving what is now a template.
7. For conveninece, of course, make a short cut to the template. Put the template somewhere out of the way, where it won't be moved. Put the short cut where it suits you.