|Both of my disc read/write drives simultaneously vanished.|
Nothing new has been installed, with the exception of WinXP updates.
I turned on my computer and my D: and E: drives were completely gone. Device manager says that the drivers are properly installed, but the devices are not connected.
I have attempted the following:
- Checking for loose wires.
- Uninstalling all drivers and restarting computer. Restarted PC and it detected drives, installed drivers, and still no drives appear.
- Drive doors still open and close using eject button, but no discs will read.
- Attempted to do a system restore to a month ago. Still no drive icons.
- Updating drivers. Windows is retarded and doesn't understand how to do this without me holding it's hand the entire time.