|I recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 8 Pro. I wanted to do a dual boot but ended up with Windows 8 alone. At first I hated it but now I have grown to like it. Trouble is I have had a lot of problems, I think my laptop may actually give up. Some of them i've solved but many I haven't.|
1. Norton Internet Security stopped working in Action Center but now is working.
2. Device drivers (wireless card & cd-rom drive) stopped working, wireless still works but drivers show a warning beside them in device manager (I fixed the cd-rom driver).
3. Windows Update has stopped. I saw I had 4 important updates, clicked install and it wouldn't download (stayed at 0%) then I went back into it and now every time I try to open Windows Update, it freezes.
4. Screen switches itself off randomly (on a laptop?) but can be brought back by moving the mouse. Often when you get the screen back up it turns off again (can do this up to 5 times).
5. And to add to the problems the Globasearch browser hijacker has returned. (Norton can't detect it)
6. When I boot up, the list of keys for recovery at the bottom during the Toshiba splash screen isn't there. Basically it boots up like it would if it were hibernated in Windows 7 and I'm worried that means I can't use recovery options like F8.
System restore is shaky ground, it never used to work on Windows 7, and I'm not sure I want to do a reload of Windows 8 already. Any advice?