Out of nothing I get the following message whenever I try to open FireFox
"microsoft (C) Register Server has stopped working"
Internet Explorer won't open either, but it doesn't give a pop-up or anything, it just pretends I didn't open it.
The only way I can open a browser now is by running it as 'administrator'
I've taken the following steps, none of which have had any effect
- Booted in Safe mode, same problem
- Made a backup of regsvr32.exe just in case
- Reverted the so called faulty module 'MSVCR100.dll' to an older version
- tried the DEP on trick in windows system
- Fully updated win 7
- Fully scanned for viruses
- Re-installed Firefox
- reboot, reboot, reboot
- searched online for solutions
Getting kinda weird now
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0008ae6e
Faulting process id: 0x1d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd530ed89da0e3
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\MSVCR100.dll