|We actually have an old Windows Server 2003 Standard machine that acts as a domain controller and we want to replace it with a new machine and install Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 which would be our new domain controller. I suppose that a procedure to achieve my goal can be:|
1. Install Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 in the new server.
2. Add the domain controller role.
3. Make it a backup domain controller.
4. Promote it to primary domain controller.
5. Remove the old Windows Server 2003 domain controller.
I am not sure if this process is correct because I do not know if there are incompatible issues between the 2 OS versions. I will very much appreciate your feedback.