Im having a VERY frustrating situation which I cannot resolve. Every time i connect to my exchange server from an Outlook 2007 client, I get prompted for a user name and password. This pops up continuously !
So here is some further detail.
1) I have setup a new domain (the exact same name as the previous domain the client computers came off)
2) I have taken all the clients off of the old domain, and added them on to the new domain
3) I have added there user accounts from fresh (Same login name as old domain)
4) Server 2008 Small Business Server is installed with Exchange 2007
5) The previous server was running Server2003 sbs with Exchange 2003
6) All clients are using XP Pro except for 2 PC that are running Windows 7
I have established that this is not a server issue by setting up a virtual machine with a fresh OS and connection to the exchange server works 100% with no issues.
I have tried alot of different things such as:
1)Removed the entry from the regisrty as Microsoft recommends (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531)
2) Re install the outlook client
3) Deleted the old profile folders in Documents and Settings
4) Re add the machine to the domain
5) Re create the users profile in Active Directory and Exchange
6) Re created the outlook profile in Outlook 2007
NOTHING WORKS :( i have 15 client PC's all doing this. has anyone got any suggestions ??? The worst case scenario is formatting and re installing all 15 PC's which i really don't want to do !