|Not sure how this virus breached my computer. I've done extensive research for over 3 days of ways to fixing the problem.|
Info I've gathered is that:
- this is a boot sector virus.
- it infects writable CDs, and USB flash drives.
So far I've noticed on certain websites related to how to get rid of this it redirects me to another site. The redirecting has happened several times.
Other than that I've not experienced any slow downs.
Summary of over the past 3 days since first time virus was detected:
- I detected the virus with my webroot antivirus software after I did a full scan from encountering security tool virus. Getting rid of the Security tool virus was rather easy to do manually but after the removal i did this scan and found some traces and this virus Troj/TdlMbr-A.
- I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (2 traces were detected and a rootkit).
- I downloaded the free version of Avast and a different type of virus was detected which was shortly removed.
- from my webroot antivirus software Troj/TdlMbr-A is detected again plus another Trojan that was something like Troj/Wen - . The trojan is safely removed...
- with no hope of finding any solutions I backed up my files to my online storage account. Did a whole system recovery to default factory settings. Starting with my computer fresh, I go to webroot website and download an even newer version than the one i had...
Troj/TdlMbr-A virus is detected again...
My arsenal really has ran out... I'm sure that by buying norton or mcafee it really wont make much of a difference. This virus is in the physical drive and somehow got sticked internally since after recovering the whole system the virus was still there.
This virus isnt causing any major damage at the moment but I'm afraid it might at any given time. It doesnt infect files, but rather the drive its saved in... Not to mention I'm afraid of accessing any of my bank accounts, major e-mails, social networks, etc... Due to this virus. This is my only computer, laptop, own personal laptop.... I really don't know what else to do. I'm hoping to find some answers...