|The log is to jumbled up to read. Make sure you use notepad instead of wordpad to open the logs then copy paste the logs straight to thr forum's comment box.|
Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK
On the View menu click on Show hidden devices
Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and click the + sign to the left, you should see something like TDSSserv.sys in that list.
Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE - NOT uninstall.
Now RESTART your computer.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these sites:
Rename the setup file, mbam-setup.exe, before you download it. To do that once the "enter name of file to save to" box appears as the download begins int the filename box rename mbam-setup.exe to tool.exe> click save.
1. Double Click tool.exe to install the application.
2. Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
3. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
4. Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
6. Make sure that everything found is checked, and click Remove Selected.
7. When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
8. The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
9. Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop from the following link.
You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.
Please reboot your computer into Safe Mode. To boot into Safe Mode, please restart your computer. Tap F8 before Windows loads. Select Safe Mode at the top, on the screen that appears. Sign in with your normal user account.
Run Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
1. Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and 2. Allow to run the express scan
3. This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
4. Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
5. Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
6. Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
7. Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
8. When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found:
9. If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable.
10. This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
11. After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list.
Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
12. Close Dr.Web Cureit.
13. Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
14. After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.