|So, it's gone FINALLY. I did a few different things suggested from other posts across the web, and none of them worked at first. I'm not sure if I had a different breed of it, or if it was a different thing entirely, but it's finally fixed. I ran...|
AVG 9.0 Free
Kaspersky 2010 Trial
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Now, I don't know which one of these actually fixed the damn thing! Sorry for that, but on the plus side, ONE of these fixed it, and it works well now! BUT ~ there's one thing that I had to do before any of them would work. (I ran all of them, and it didn't work, then I did this next important step, ran them all again and it's fixed!)
Show All Connections
**Right click your active internet connection**
**Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)**
**Click properties button**
**It should be set to Obtain IP automatically and Obtain DNS automatically. If it's not, set it to that**
I forgot to remember the DNS server it was routing through, but all results were from way of SearchClick8.
If this ends up helping you, leave a reply saying thanks ~ and try to include all of the search terms you used to attempt to find a fix. This way people can Google similar terms and stumble across a way that works!
:::SEARCH TERMS I USED LOOKING FOR A FIX:::
Google Search Engine Results Redirect Virus MalWare SpyWare
Registry Editor RegEdit MSConfig Task Manager LOCKED