There are two computers on a domain. Both computers were infected with antivirus 360. The viruses have been removed. However, now the computers get stuck while booting. Sometimes they sit at "preparing network connections." Sometimes they sit at "applying computer settings". About every 4th time they'll actually boot all the way to the login screen.
1. I've disabled the network awareness service.
2. I've disabled anything unnecessary in the program startup menu.
3. I've looked at the non-microsoft services and disabled anything unnecessary.
4. I've tried to restore the computers to a previous state without success. One simply will not go past a certain screen. The other does not have any valid restore states.
5. I've removed them from the domain and rejoined them to the domain without success.
6. I've deleted the computers from active directory, unjoined them from the domain and rejoined them. No luck.
7. I've unplugged the network cable and restarted the computer several tiems. The same behavior occurs.
8. It always boots into safe mode properly.
9. Malwarebytes will not install on one of the computers (same as the failing restore point).
Any ideas? The booting problem did not occur before the virus.