|Possible Virus disabled all Applications.|
Hello Everyone..I did see a post of this same issue but I'm submitting my problem since the previous post were from a couple of years ago and was hoping for some updated troubleshooting.
I'm pretty sure I have some type of virus/trojan/malware that came from an email attachment my daughter opened. Here's a list of the things that seem to be wrong thus far:
- Task Manager is disabled, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to work again. The message "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" keeps popping up.
- I can't access the control panel I get some type of error message that "Windows cannot find C:\Windows\Rundll32.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."
- The same things happens when I attemp to open any ms office applications get same error "Windows cannot find C:\Windows\Rundll32.exe"
- IE is not opening when I double click on it it gives me a box to choose a program to open application.
- Both my anti-virus software (AVG and Malwarebytes) will not open and won't scan.
- I'm able to boot up in safe mode, but it's running as if it was in normal mode.
I'm sure there are other things going on just haven't run across it yet.
I'm trying to download anti-viruses from another pc to my jump drive. But not usre what I'm doing or looking for. Please help, Thanks.
- NO anti-virus software seems to work. Either some type of error occurs and they can't be installed, they can be installed but immediately close when I try to open them, or they can open but don't detect anything when I run scans. Lavasoft Ad-Aware doesn't detect anything, AVG and STOPzilla do not work at all and won't even install, and Spybot keeps closing whenever I try to open it. I was able to somehow open Spybot once and when I ran a scan it had things like "Task Manager Disable," "Registry Edit Disable," "Windows Firewall Disable," and "Windows Firewall Override" all listed. I selected to have the problems fixed and closed Spybot, but the problem wasn't fixed and I haven't been able to open Spybot since then.
- I cannot uninstall anything. Error messages keep popping up when I try to uninstall programs.
- I cannot put my system in safe mode. An error message keeps popping up and I can only start my system in regular mode.
I'm afraid I have some type of keylogger and don't want to buy anything over the internet, and I lost the discs for my system reformatting. I have NO idea what to do, as nothing seems to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!