|Hi, I am unable to open IE and some other selected programs. I am currently using Windows XP. The previous user screwed up my computer and I have no idea exactly what he did. This is what it appears on the screen now.|
"This application has failed to start because WININET.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
And once I have closed this message, another message pops up....
"ERROR: Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File WININET.dll, error 126"
1) Where and how do I obtain another copy of the WININET.dll file? There are some website that offers free downloads. Are they safe? How do I know which version to use?
2) I can't even locate this file in my hard drive. Where exactly is it? Please very kindly specifiy the directory and how to reach there.
3) Any possible ideas as to what caused this?
4) I can't even open up the Nero to backup my files onto a CD and I don't have a memory stick. There is no way I can fit those files onto a floppy. Any suggestions as to how I can backup my files now?
5) Do I have to re-install my entire operating system?
PLEASE VERY KINDLY HELP!!! I am totally lost when it comes to computers. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!