|Set up the computer to view hidden files:|
To show hidden files do the following:
Click Start > My Computer
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
Under the Hidden files folder, locate and check Show hidden files and folders.
If you see a warning message, click Yes.
Click Apply > OK.
. Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Navigate to and delete this file if found:
Restart the computer.
Repair the winscoks:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In Registry Editor, locate the following keys, right-click each key, and then click Delete:
4. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Note Restart the computer after you delete the Winsock keys. Doing so causes the Windows XP operating system to create new shell entries for those two keys. If you do not restart the computer after you delete the Winsock keys, the next step does not work correctly.
Step 2: Install TCP/IP
1. Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.
2. Click Install.
3. Click Protocol, and then click Add.
4. Click Have Disk.
5. Type C:\Windows\inf, and then click OK.
6. On the list of available protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.
Normally you restart the computer here, so if you found TCP/IP ok then restart and try to download MalwareBytes again
If Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) does not appear, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Search.
In the Search Companion pane, click More advanced options.
Click to select the following three check boxes:
Search system folders
Search hidden files and folders
In the All or part of the file name box, type nettcpip.inf, and then click Search.
In the results pane, right-click Nettcpip.inf, and then click Install.
Restart the computer.