|5) Unfortunately, due to myself not being able to currently access the Paypal website, I cannot use the link that XPUser provided.|
Not a problem at all. I'll reproduce here for you what the links said.
Under Why am I getting a page cannot be displayed error?:
If you are receiving the error message page cannot be displayed or "page cannot be found while attempting to access your account", it may be because your web browser's security level is set too low.
For maximum security, you should upgrade to a version of Netscape or Microsoft web browser that supports 128-bit encryption. To view your browser security level, follow these steps:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Open your Internet Explorer browser and select Help from the toolbar.
2. Select About Internet Explorer.
3. On the About Internet Explorer window, you will be given a version number and a cipher strength (encryption rate)
4. If your cipher strength is less than 128-bit, please click the Update Information link. This will direct you to the Microsoft web site to upgrade your browser.
You will also need to check the browser settings by following these steps:
1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and open Internet Options.
2. Click the Advanced tab, scroll to the bottom of the scroll window.
3. Ensure that Use SSL 2.0, Use SSL 3.0 and Use TLS 1.0 place a check in the checkbox next to each of these options.
For Netscape Communicator or Navigator:
1. Click Help and then About Communicator (or Navigator).
2. In the window that opens, look for a section on RSA security. (If this section reads, "This version supports U.S. security", then your browser supports 128-bit encryption.)
3. Otherwise, it will indicate you have an export version, which only supports 40-bit. (Further details are also available by clicking on Security on the Navigator toolbar.)
4. If you need to upgrade your Netscape browser, go to http://home.netscape.com and click the Download graphic at the top of the page.
Note: For other web browsers, view your help files for more information about upgrading to a newer version.
Double-check that the time and date on your computer are correct by following these steps:
1. Click the Windows Start button located in the lower left hand corner of your computer screen.
2. Scroll up to Settings and click Control Panel .
3. Double-click Date/Time.
4. Make sure the date and time are correct. This should resolve the issue.
Note: If the cipher strength is already set to 128 bit, you will need to clear your cookies.
Under Why do I get a "page cannot be displayed" error using AOL with PayPal?:
If you are using AOL with PayPal and receive the error message "page cannot be displayed", the error is likely attributed to the AOL web browser's security level being set too low.
To determine if the error is occurring in an AOL browser, connect to AOL and minimize the AOL browser. Once the AOL browser is minimized, open an alternate browser (one should already be loaded on the computer), either Microsoft's Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator or Communicator, and log in to your PayPal using the alternative browser.
If problems continue, please review the Help or About information for the version and cipher strength of the browser. If the website is timing out at 39% or receiving the error message "page cannot be displayed", upgrade the browser to 128-bit encryption strength (AOL 6.0 and higher). For Internet Explorer:
1. Click Help and About to review the amount of encryption currently installed on your browser. This is generally termed in this screen as Cipher Strength.
2. If the level is less than 128-bit encryption, click Update Information within the Help window and you will be directed to the upgrade page. This upgrade will only take a few minutes.
You will also need to check your browser settings:
1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and then open Internet Options
2. Select Advanced and scroll to the bottom of that window
3. Ensure that 'Use SSL 2.0', 'Use SSL 3.0' and 'Use TLS 1.0' are checked as Enabled. If these are not enabled, check the box next to each of these options
Hope this helps