|How to Temporarily Disable your Anti-virus|
NORTON ANTIVIRUS (by Symantec)
Please navigate to the system tray on the bottom right hand corner and look for a Posted Image sign.
* right-click it -> chose "Disable Auto-Protect."
* select a duration of 5 hours (this assures no interference with the cleanup of your pc)
* click "Ok."
* a popup will warn that protection will now be disabled and the sign will now look like this: Posted Image
* Right-click the Norton 360 Premier Edition icon in the system tray and select Disable Antivirus Automatic-Protect.
* You will get a new dialog box with five options: 15 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours, Until system restart, Permanently.
* Choose 5 hours.
NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2008
Please refer to these instructions.
NORTON ANTIVIRUS CORPORATE EDITION
Please refer to the instructions provided in the Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition User's Guide under the section Turning File System System Protection off temporarily.