|• As soon as you suspect that your computer has a virus, remove your computer from any networks it might be on, as well as from the Internet, so that you don't inadvertently spread the bug to others.|
• If you have virus-scanning (anti-virus) software installed, run it.
• If you don't have anti-virus software, you'll need to obtain some. If you can't get it from a network administrator or download it from an uninfected computer, you can mail-order it from a retailer.
• Start your computer (still not connected to a network) and follow the instructions that came with the anti-virus software.
• Keep running the virus-scanning software until your computer comes up clean.
• Reconnect your computer to the Internet and check with the anti-virus software's publisher to make sure you have the latest updates. If not, download them now.
• After updating the anti-virus software, run it again until your computer comes up clean.