|Sounds like you have done a search for TDSSserv but check again, if you can get online ok just start at downloading Malwarebytes.|
Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK
On the View menu click on Show hidden devices
Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and click the + sign to the left, you should see something like TDSSserv.sys in that list.
Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE - NOT uninstall.
Now RESTART your computer.
If that did not work go start > run type cmd and press enter or ok.
type ipconfig /flushdns (The space between g and / is needed)
Then press Enter, type Exit, press Enter again, Try to connect to the internet.
If that did not work try Safe Mode with Networking. Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select Safe Mode with Networking, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these sites:
Rename the setup file, mbam-setup.exe, before you download it. To do that once the "enter name of file to save to" box appears as the download begins int the filename box rename mbam-setup.exe to tool.exe> click save.
1. Double Click tool.exe to install the application.
2. Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
3. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
4. Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
6. Make sure that everything found is checked, and click Remove Selected.
7. When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
8. The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
9. Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Please download and install the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2:
Download the "HijackThis" Installer from this link:
1. Save " HJTInstall.exe" to your desktop.
2. Double click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
3. By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
4. Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
5.Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
6. Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
7. Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
8. Paste the log in your next reply.
9. Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
If Malwarebytes installed but will not run navigate to this folder:
C:\Programs Files\Malwarebytes' AntiMalware
Rename the mbam.exe file then try to run it again, if still no luck rename all the .exe files in the MAlwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder and try to run it again.
For Hijack This if it will not run rename the Hijack This.exe file to somethingelse.exe and try installing it again.