|Heres fix....worked on it for like 3 days. Tried everything y'all did and more. Even started deleting crap out of my registry cause I didnt care any more. Fixed it this morning...Hope this helps...|
If your having the issues described then this is the EASY fix. Make sure you look at symptoms as there are different problems out there.
How to fix Google search results redirect redirected
I am using Windows XP and Mozilla Firebird as browser with NoScript add-on<<<the add-on just helped me with issue till I got fix.
Also affects all users names on computer.
IF you are being redirected to random ad sites then this is the fix that I got after 3 days. Have tried AdWare, S&D, MalWareBytes, SmitFraudFix, 7770Finder, ESET NOD32, CCleaner and a few other scrubs and probably a few I cant remember.
HijackThis did nothing and showed nothing as you can see from ppls post above. NOT to say its not good cause in the past it has worked. Just thik for one this is to new and two its in the registry.
Symptoms: Do a Google search in an actual browser window, NOT THE TOOL BAR %&*$. I would get the results I was looking for with the correct URLs under each result. Like searched Microsoft and it would come up with addresses from microsoft like: www.microsoft.com/ - 76k or www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/en/default.aspx - 44k -
BUT when clicking a link I would usually get the page that it said the first time but when going back to the search results the next link would be some ad site with usually no WWW at the beginning. And this would last about 4 clicks. That is, by going to stupid ad site then back to results 4x then finally getting the page it was suppose to show.
Reason I am giving you whole speal is because there are alot of so similar ones out there.
Heres the fix. Wish I could give thanks to where I found it but cant find page now. Can remember the guy found it on his own and his last words are something like "kick the computer, format the drive, tell landlady she aint gettin money" or something like that .
Never mind found it with what I said above about his quote in Google that now works correctly. Maybe it did not fix his and thats the reason he said it. But it gave me the direction to fix it, after days of trying everything. [url="http://emptees.com/posts/14105-f-ing-gogoogle-redirection-malware-problem-resolved"]http://emptees.com/posts/14105-f-ing-gogoo...roblem-resolved[/url]
So DLed the TR software [url="http://www.simplysup.com/"]http://www.simplysup.com/[/url] it came up with this registry key with the Kungs...thing.
IF YOU SCREW UP AND MESS SOMETHING UP IN THE REGISTRY YOU CAN HOSE THE WHOLE COMPUTER. SO IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND OR KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING GET SOMEONE THAT DOES.
Heres the key it came up with:
And the values that were bad:
kungsfaswwqlmq.sys and tdssserv.sys
Now two different ways to do this, you can either delete the key or just he values. "Delete the key. To prevent keeping a history altogether, right click ACMru/Permissions/Deny all users and groups listed." This is from another website: [url="http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweak_bookmarks.htm"]http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweak_bookmarks.htm[/url] AND even has a script to do above for you: [url="http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/ClearRecent.Exe"]http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/ClearRecent.Exe[/url]
I really hope this helps. Honestly could not find this anywhere. I guess its something new.