|First, Please give us details on what you have tried to do so far to ensure that we are not a) duplicating your efforts and b) so we know if anything you have tried might be affecting anything else we may instruct you to do. |
Secondly, this is typically an indication of a malware infection. Please follow the instructions below to prepare your machine for the fix.
Please print out these instructions for reference when performing the scans and fixes. Also please perform the steps in the order given. If you have any questions or do not feel that you can perform one of the steps, please let me know BEFORE begging the process.
Step 1 - Safety
First, we need to have a good backup of the registry.
* Please download ERUNT from http://www.aumha.org/downloads/erun... and save it your desktop.
* Run the program to backup the registry to the folder of your choice.
* Next download OTM from http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTM.exe
* Double-click on OTM to run it.
* Copy the text below between the horizontal lines to the clipboard by highlighting all of it and selecting CTRL+C (or right clicking on the selection after highlighting it and selecting copy).
ipconfig /flushdns /c
* Return to OTM, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
* Click the red Moveit! button.
* Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy). Please paste this in your next reply.
* Close OTM and reboot your PC.
Once you have done this, let me know and we can get started on Step 2 which will cure the infection and fix the redirect issue.
IT Desktop & Network Consultant - MOS Master Certified, MCP Certified, MCTS - Windows 7, CCNA Certificate Pending, A+ Certified.