|Let's see if we can move this forward so that it is ready for Johnw when he returns. It is all there in the instructions John gave you but maybe this will clarify it further. You might have already done some of this:|
1. Download either "Farbar 32 bit version (FRST)" or "Farbar 64 bit version (FRST64)" depending on your computer.
2. Whichever version you download ensure its file is on the "desktop". If it is elsewhere them move it to the desktop.
3. Highlight and "Copy" all of the blue text in response #9.
4. Open NotePad then "Paste" into it. The text from 3. above should arrive.
5. Save this new NotePad file with the name fixlist.txt and ensure it is on the "desktop".
6. You then double click FRST (or FRST64) to run it.
7. This will produce a file "Fixlog.txt" on the desktop (see all the green writing at end of post #9).
8. Copy and Paste the contents of "Fixlog.txt" into your reply.
Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks
message edited by Derek