I am looking for a full-featured text editor for windows with FTP support. Below are the features that I am looking for.
1. Open a file from FTP directly.
2. Project Feature. Combine multiple files under one project.
3. Template options for different programming languages.
4. Column Select mode.
5. Tab Indent
6. HTML preview
7. Syntax Highlighting.
8. Bookmarking feature
9. Search/Replace in multiple files (All open files, current file, files under a folder etc).
10. Regular format options (Trim Trailing spaces, sort, join lines, tabs to spaces etc)
I have been searching for a similar editor and I came up with only two editors so far which are listed below.
1. Editplus ==> Excellent, but not a freeware.
2. Syn Text Editor ==> Next to Editplus, but column mode has some defects.
Can some one suggest me a text editor with the above features?
I don't want a text editor that connects to FTP server and runs a ls command before we do anything. pspad is a good text editor, but when I select the FTP option, it connects to the server and then does a ls command. The editor session is hung until the FTP server response is back. The server that I am working with has over 11,000 files. If you look at editplus or syn, you can select the ftp server, type the file name with the full ftp path. The editor connects to the ftp server, downloads the file and then disconnects the ftp server. This is a MUST for me. Optionally, I can just click open button with out the file name and they execute the ls command to show the list of files.
Thanks in advance,