|This does not do all you want,|
but it will tell you which cells are Different
and where the first difference occures.
So if your data looks like:
1) This is a Text This is & Test
2) This is a Text This is a Text
3) This is a Text This as & Text
In cell C1 enter the formula:
This is an ARRAY formula and MUST be entered using CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER, else it will not work.
What you get is:
A B C
1) This is a Text This is & Test 9
2) This is a Text This is a Text Same
3) This is a Text This as & Text 6
The difference in Row 1 begins at character position 9
Row 2 the cells are the same
The difference in Row 3 begins at character position 6, but note that Row 3 has additional differences after the 6th character.
Using DerbDas03's example, you get a 1
So, like I said, it does not do it all, but it gives you something to start with.