|Normally you cannot use Conditional Formatting across sheets.|
The work around is to use a Defined Name.
On Worksheet 1 select your range of cells you want to match, IE: A1:A10
Select the Formula Tab
Select Define Name
In the Define Name Box, that appears,
type in an appropriate name for your list, like NameList
Make sure the Scope box says Workbook and
at the bottom of the popup box make sure the Refers to
box shows your selected range, IE A1:A10
Now goto Worksheet 2
Select the Home Tab
1) Select your cell or range of cells you want to match, IE X1:X10
2) On the ribbon click Conditional Formatting
3) Click on New Rules, it’s near the bottom of the dialog box.
4) Click Use Formula to determine which cells to format.
5) Enter the formula:
6) Click on the Format button
7) Select the Fill Tab
8) Select a pretty color
9) Click OK
10) Click OK
Those cells that have a match on Worksheet 1 should now be highlighed
in your pretty color.