|He can't open word documents from a homepage but he can do this on another pc with office 2003. |
XP sp2 w/ IE 6 w/ office 2007
1. Rebooted pc
2. Disabled all IE add-ons.
I can use save target as and save the file and open it in word but it is not opening through IE.
It will pop up and ask to open the file but not open.
3. Deleted all offline content and temporary internet files.
4. Added the website to the security trusted sites.
5. renabled all add-ons
6. Disabled popup blocker
This link works on another pc with office 2007.
7. I ran office diagnostics and they didn't correct the issue.
8. Restored IE defaults
(security and advanced)
9. I added websites ( and all subfolders) to the trusted lists and I got the word document to open up once but it crashed.
10. I verified the settings saved correctly but the document still won't open.
11. repaired office
It still will not work. Any ideas?