|Another option, is to use Conditional Formatting|
With CF you can change the color of the cell that contains text.
Conditional Formatting 2007
1) Select your cell or range of cells, IE A1:C100
2) On the ribbon click Conditional Formatting
3) Click on New Rules, it’s near the bottom of the dialog box.
4) Click Use A Formula to determine which cells to format.
5) Enter the formula:
6) Click on the Format button
7) Select the Fill Tab
8) Select a pretty color
9) Click OK
10) Click OK
See how that works for you.