|To answer your specific question, |
Can my name be highlighted with whatever color if today is June 28, 2015?
What your looking for the the Past Due Dates How-To.
With your data like:
1) Name Date Book Out
2) Ruben 06/22/2015
1) Select your cell, A2 (For only the name highlighted)
2) On the ribbon click Conditional Formatting
3) Click on New Rules, it’s near the bottom of the dialog box.
4) Click Use Formula to determine which cells to format.
5) Enter the formula: =TODAY()-B2>=3
6) Click on the Format button
7) Select the Fill Tab
8) Select a color
9) Click OK
10) Click OK
You specified 3 days, notice in the formula, the last digit is a 3, meaning 3 days.
So using the Date Out and Todays Date (06/25/2015) the name in cell A2 should change color.
Change the Date in B2 to 06/23/2015 and the name is no longer highlighted.
That should answer your specific question.
But, I'm not a big fan of re-inventing the wheel, so unless you have a spreadsheet already created, you might want to look at this site:
It has a free spreadsheet already created and it might be what your looking for.
But, if you want to create your own spreadsheet or you already have one created and you want to enhance its capabilities, then continue to ask questions and we'll be glad to help.
message edited by mmcconaghy