|I'm going to assume that only the second part of your latest post, starting from the word "So", contains the actual question.|
You state that you get "all the same invoice numbers" from the vendor, but the amounts might not match.
Assuming that's the case, try this, adjusting columns to best suit your needs.
- Place one list of invoices in Column A.
- Place the associated amounts in column B.
- Place the other list of invoices in Columns C
- Place the associated amounts in Column D.
- Sort your data so that the invoice numbers line up.
- Highlight column D, the column with one set of your amounts.
- Click Format...Conditional Formatting
- Use the dropdown menu to choose Formula is
- In the formula box, enter this formula:
- Click the Format button and pick a format for Column D, such as Pattern...Red.
The formula will calculate the difference between the amounts in Columns B and D and format (highlight) the amount in Column D if it differs by more than 2.