Well, the text is from a web page that I saved to a .txt file. I just noticed that when I saved the page, the encoding selected automatically by Windows is Unicode(UTF8). So I selected "User Defined" and named the page with a .rtf hoping that these changes would make a difference.
But, this only showed the edit commands to create the page instead of just showing the text of the web page, making it not worthwhile to copy and paste using this method.
I have also tried to copy the text from the saved .txt web page document and pasted it into a new, never used OpenOffice Writer document, hoping that whatever edit to the text copied would be lost.
Anywho, I was just trying to figure out a way to make the process of copy/paste from the .txt file created after saving a web page in Unicode(UTF-8) and then being able to insert text from the file into a single cell of the spreadsheet, but...it is possible if I just insert information by copy/paste line by line instead of a whole paragraph from the saved web page .txt file.