|I'm in a situation, where I have spend 2 days to get a friends wireless network to work, but no matter what we try, nothing helps. The only solution we can find for now is to open commando prompt and put in "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew". When we do this the wireless network works until the computer is rebooted, turned on and off or in any other way been closed. We have tested the network with 3 different computeres, all of them having the same problem, but these 3 computers works fine on my wireless network.|
To give some background we have tried to:
- Disable DHCP from the router settings, and also tried with them enabled.
- Tested the ping to see if the problem was with the modem or the ISP, but it wasn't.
- Updated the network drivers.
- Removed the network drivers and installed them again.
- Used ethernet cable through the router, which works
- Tested for network problems through windows.
- Used "netsh winsock reset", "netsh int ip reset", "ipconfig /release", "ipconfig /renew" and "ipconfig /flushdns".
- Disabled firewalls, antivirus and software for protection against malware.
I really hope you guys can help us, because me and my friend are going crazy over this problem.
Also, the router is a Netgear N300 WiFi Router.