|Many Thanks for your replies.|
1) I did turned down windows XP firewall. There is only the anti-virus running, think that was Avast but I didnt check if that included a firewall. I dont think so.
2) Ports you mentioned are not open probably because I didnt check. I will check that.
3) That client was only able to connect to the VPN server but no file sharing was tested. Nothing's changed for the client machine.
1) Yes, I did make sure I changed the IP to 192.168.1.50 the new assigned static IP of the server.
2) disabled firewall only for testing purposes but as you figured out, that wasnt necessary
3) Yes, port 1723 is open according to the site
4) Yes dyndns.org's ip is updated and synchronised.
a) One thing I am confused about is that on the DHCP console, its written DHCP(server.mancosa.dyndns.org[192.168.0.1])? What's this IP? shouldnt it be 192.168.1.50 like my server IP.
b) for my DNS server, the zones I added could not be loaded. The forwarded zones were my ISP's IPs. I added four of them just in case.
c) Is there any other way I can check connecting to my server because I am having to run to my next door neighbour to verify that its working and running back.