|Yes. That method didn't make any difference. The router did not behave in the ways that are described in that guide.|
1. Unzip the recovery tool etc.
2. Plug power into the device. You will notice a fast blinking of the power light.
Well, how fast is fast? All I know is, it's alternating red and green.
3. Stick a pen into the reset hole and hold it in for at least a minute.
4. Plug in Ethernet cable from modem to PC/laptop. There will be no activity light on the modem.
Well, actually, the activity light illuminates as it would normally when a cable is plugged in.
5. Run UpgradeWizard etc.
6. Follow the procedure to update the firmware. Should take a minute or two.
Absolutely nothing happens for a good 15 minutes or so.
Immitation is the sincerest form of copyright infringement.