|I've been trying without success to access my router setting page (192.168.1.1) with my desktop PC.|
I'm pretty sure it a configuration problem of some sort with my desktop PC. because...
The desktop Is connected with a wire to the router and it get acess to the internet via the router. So it connected, but it refuse to log to the router setting page (192.168.1.1) I know the router use this gateway because I can access it with a laptop using this gate way 192.168.1.1 but my desktop won't connect to it. "ipconfig" confirm that this is the default gateway, and I can see it in the router setting page with an other device. So I'm pretty sure that the problem is something in my computer not the router.
I tried many different thing but nothing work. here a list of what I tried so far:
- using different ethernet cable.
- rebooting modem, router and desktop PC
- tried different browser, (chrome, explorer firefox)
- I tried closing kaspersky internet security, to shut donw firewall.
- I tried 3 different routers. But the same problem occurred with all of them.
- I tried resetting all 3 router to factory defaults and updated with latest frame ware available. I have no problem connecting to the setting page of toes router with other device but not with my desktop PC it can't access the setting page for any of the 3 router but that desktop PC can access internet via does router.
What can prevent my desktop PC to access the router setting page.
I was able to access my router setting page last week with this desktop PC. Now it refuse to access the router setting page but will connect to the internet while it's plug in the router.