|- There are several laptop wireless & 1 destop ethernet connected to the router - NetGear Wnr3500L.|
- All cables and cable modem have been replaced, router has been replaced.
- Modem lights indicate modem is receiving signal from cable at all times.
- Router lights indicate router is receiving signal from modem at all times..
- Bypassing router by ethernet connection from desktop computer to cable modem eliminates problem.
- When the router is used all computers can be brought online by a reset to the router....this connection can last for several hours before dropping again, thereby requiring another reset.
- This configuration worked without a problem for approx. 5 years before the problem started which has been consistant for the last two months.
- cable personnel report that the signal strength is good coming into the modem.
No one seems to know what to do!!! Please help, I am going crazy.
-One other piece of info: There is an xbox360 connected to the wireless router via a wall- plugged ethernet adaptor, but again this is part of the system we have been using for the last 5 years or so.
I have turned on the log to receive emails, but am not sure what to look for. The log is pretty uneventful and consists of upnp set event: public blah blah .and internet disconnects when the router is reset