|I have a laptop that was connected via wireless to a D-Link DI-624 (super G) with WEP security enabled, which is connected to a cable modem. I packed up my laptop, went out of town for a couple days and since I have returned I have not been successful in reconnecting to the internet. |
I am connecting to my wireless router - I get an excellent signal and can also see my MAC address connecting in the wireless router log.
Also, I have 4 other wireless connections in the house that connect without a hitch.
I'm getting the default "Autoconfiguration IP Address" 169.254.165.79, 255.255.255.0 with IPCONFIG.
I've tried just about everything I know to try (and Google) not necessarily in the following order:
1) IPCONFIG /RELEASE, and /RENEW
2) Various NETSH commands
3) Powered down my wireless router and cable modem and waited 10 minutes and powered back up.
4) Changed TCP/IP to use a specific IP address instead of "Obtain IP Address Automatically"
5) Deleted and recreated my wireless connection
6) Connected my laptop directly to the wireless router with a cable.
7) Reentered (multiple times) my wireless security code.
8) Updated my wireless router firmware
9) And, after updating my wireless router firmware, my wireless was temporarily unsecured. STILL wouldn't connect when I changed the laptop to connect to the unsecured network.
And just to be certain that nothing was corrupted over the weekend, I restored to a checkpoint on a day that my internet connection was working, but same result.
So, it appears that my LAN connection and Wireless connection don't work.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any replies!