daisy chain routers

D-link / EBR-2310
August 2, 2009 at 12:32:51
Specs: Windows XP
I am using a D-Link wireless router WBR-2310 at one end of the house and am running 2 patch cables out of it for various computers. The wireless LAN is used for various laptops throughout that end of the house. The router is connected to a cable modem. I want to move the wireless router to the middle of the house to provide wireless access through the entire house. QUESTION. Can I use a wired router (D-Link EBR-2310) in place of the WBR-2310 and run a patch cable to the WBR-2310 that would be located centrally in the house? I'm not sure that I am competent enough to reset settings on either of the routers but could try if it was simple enough. Thanks in advance. Bob

See More: daisy chain routers

Report •

August 2, 2009 at 12:55:50
Yes, you can do that. You'll want to set up the wireless router as a wireless access point, not a router. Then connect one of it's "LAN" ports to a "LAN" port on the wired router.

-Ryan Adams

Free Computer Tips and more:http://RyanTAdams.com
Paid Tech Support: Black Diamond

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question