|Here is the problem,|
I have two laptops both are running Windows 7 Enterprise and I cannot connect to its Remote Desktop through the internet (184.108.40.206:3389)
I have made sure of the following already.
1. Remote Desktop was enabled.
2. Allowed connections from any version of Remote Desktop.
3. Allowed Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 7 firewall, both private and public.
4. I am the sole user and hence was an allowed remote desktop user.
5. All services related to Remote Desktop were up and running.
6. I have forwarded port 3389 to the internal IP (i.e. 192.168.1.101).
7. I can telnet my external IP alone but not with the port 3389 along the IP.
The strange thing was I can connect to each laptop's Remote Desktop from within the LAN network by using its internal IP (i.e. 192.168.1.101).
So, what seems to be the problem here and I hope someone can help me to resolve the issue here.
Thanks in advance.