Please help me with the following information so that I can assist you better:
1.Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
2.Did you try doing system restore?
3.Does this issue occur while on Internet or does this happen offline?
In case it happens only when you are on Internet, then please let me know which browser you use. In case you are using Internet Explorer, then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if the issue gets fixed:
Click “Internet Explorer”, click “Tools”, click “Internet Options”, click “Advanced Tab”, and Make sure the option "Use smooth scrolling" is checked.
In order to troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly, follow the below mentioned steps:
• Try to connect the receiver to a different port. Then, check the behavior of the device. By trying the receiver on a different port, you can eliminate any issues that affect the port itself.
• Replace the batteries, and determine whether this resolves the issue.
• If the issue continues to occur, test the mouse on a different computer. If you can replicate the problem on a different computer, you may have a defective device.
• Test the mouse by using the Mousinfo diagnostic tool. The Mousinfo diagnostic tool is installed together with the IntelliPoint software. If you do not have this software, you cannot open the tool. To install the IntelliPoint software, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
• Uninstall any conflicting mouse software. If you have any other mouse software that is installed, such as Logitech or touchpad software, that software may conflict with the IntelliMouse software.
You can even refer to the below mentioned URL to troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122
Please feel free to contact for further clarifications.
Thanks & Regards