|Curious Why Unbuntu works and Windows 7 doesn't. Is Windows 7 supported on your hardware? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...|
Check your MOBO for bad capacitors: http://www.thenakedpc.com/dan/Bulgi...
I'd test your HDD; you can download free manufacturers hard drive utilities from their respective websites to make bootable floppies or CDs to thoroughly test your hard drive surface area, mechanics and electronics:
- Seagate/Maxtor (Maxtor acquired by Seagate): Seatools.
- Western Digital: DataLifeguard.
- Fujitsu: Fujitsu Drive Test (FJDT).
- Hitachi/IBM: Hitachi Drive Fitness (HDFT).
- Samsung: (HUTIL).
- Toshiba (Fujitsu, Samsung or Hitachi utilities may work).
Just another stupid saying...