Went to Toshiba's site. There a few display driver downloads available to you.
I was using version: 184.108.40.20663
I downloaded version: 220.127.116.1116, which came out on the same day, but has a different version number for some reason.
1. Boot into safemode, or regular mode with the nvlddmkm.sys disable/renamed.
2. Install version 5616
4. Still Bios Screen jumbled junk on boot
5. green "Matrix has you" like lines during vista warm-up screens, but still readable
6. Black screen...let it sit for a good 3-4 minutes...never get to a vista login screen
7. Turn off machine
8. Power on machine
9. Bios boot screen is now READABLE!
10. All is good from here on out so far.
If I continue to have this problem...this is the 2nd time its happened; (The first time, after booting into safe mode, the next boot was good in regular mode) I will uninstall all nVidia stuff from safemode and try another reinstall.
The only pattern of misbehavior I see here, is that it happens when I shut-down my tablet. If I just shut the cover and come back later, it is fine.
I guess my original thoughts on a bad motherboard may not be true; it appears to be some sort of driver issue with nVidia.
Note to self: Don't shut down