|I'm stymied on this one|
When I first got ahold of this machine it would startup when the computer hadn't been on for several hours and stay on for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes and shut down and then it could be restarted for as long as 5 minutes before it shut down again.
The steps I've taken so far:
- checked the power supply with a tester and replaced the unit with a known good working unit
- replaced the thermal paste on the processor
- checked the temp of the processor in the bios, the temp was about 31 degrees C
- removed all peripheral cards, optical drives, had drive, etc.
- swapped the RAM out
- swapped the power switch with a known good switch
Now the machine isn't posting.
I have noticed that the processor fan comes on at low speed when the machine is plugged in.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what my next steps should be?