The problem of sound in my system started exactly when I have given it for repair. The repair guy said that he changed the CMOS battery and updated the BIOS. But after brought it to home, I found that audio is not working. But I am unable to take it back to that guy due to personal reasons. Here I want to mention some facts to make my problem more clear.
1. When I am trying to install audio drivers, they are installing properly.
2. Add/Remove Hardware window also showing that audio hardware is working properly.
3. When I am trying to play audio files like songs, they are running properly without giving any error on audio hardware, but no sound is coming out.
Everything looking proper but sound is not coming. FYI, I am using mercury motherboard. Please help me regarding this issue.
Thereafter I brought a PCI sound card and tried to install it. Here again I faced strange problems.
1. When I tried it as soon as I brought, the problem was that LAN chip is not working, when I connect PCI sound card. I am not getting internet. As soon as I remove that PCI sound card, internet is working again. Very strange problem. Then I giveup my tryings for some days.
2. After 4 months, now I again tried with PCI soundcard. Now the strange problem is that I am unable to login into XP, when I connect PCI sound card. Instead of login window, I am just getting a blank screen, eventhough I left it for one day :).
3. But when I tried to login in safe mode, I am able to login into XP, but when I am trying to install drivers here, I am getting a blue screen with warnings to restart the system manually. (I think u know abt that blue screen).
So I request you to please help me out in this issue.Whether any configuration changes in BIOS works?