|I'm more of a bang for your buck kinda guy so IMO, many of your choices are way overpriced. Here's a few comments:|
- why would you buy four 1GB sticks instead of two 2GB sticks? I suppose you can make the argument for getting DDR2-1066 rather than DDR2-800 but do you really plan on overclocking the FSB significantly higher than 1600MHz (400MHz frequency)?
- since you're gonna overclock anyway, you could easily go with a cheaper CPU. I can't really say how much of a difference there is between 3MB vs 6MB L2 cache, but the E7400 & E7500 have higher default multipliers (10.5x & 11.0x respectively) than the E8400 (9.0x), so that gives you more overclock options. And of course, they're both cheaper.
- decent motherboard but you *could* get off cheaper. There are plenty of other P45 or even P43 boards that are $20-30 less & would perform just as well.
- there are plenty of other GeForce GTX 260's available that are a lot cheaper than the one you chose. For example:
- can't argue too much with your PSU choice, although you could easily get away with the Corsair 650W & save another $20.
- $47 for the heatsink, $15 for the fan, plus shipping? You sure do like to spend money needlessly.
You could easily trim close to $300 off the overall cost without sacrificing any performance.