New motherboard managed to get itself wet

July 24, 2011 at 16:50:21
Specs: Windows 7, Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6750/2GB RAM
Worst thing happened... My motherboard got wet...

Well, yes, it's managed to get itself wet, i had nothing to do with it... ofcourse ;)

Anyway i got a brand new motherboard and after taking it out the packaging i decided to have a little look closer, unfortunately i got smallest possible splash of soapy water in the pci-e x1 slot.

It wasn't plugged in or anything and dried within a minute. I'm not using this motherboard for another month so it's getting plenty of time to dry out.

What do you guys think, will it work?

Thanks :)

Plus, i won't be using the slot when i decide to use the mobo.

See More: New motherboard managed to get itself wet

Report •

July 24, 2011 at 22:24:33
It should be fine. Depending on how 'soapy' the water was, you may want to clean the slot with some alcohol. Then blow it out with some compressed air. I know it's not connected to the power supply but you should probably remove the cmos battery when doing the cleaning, if the battery is installed.

Report •

July 25, 2011 at 13:05:30
Maybe try some pure (distilled) water on a paper towel. Dry with hair dryer on low heat keeping the plastic parts well away to prevent esd.

1/3 of highway deaths are caused by drunks. The rest are by people who can't drive any better than a drunk.

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question