|Do you have a floppy drive connected? Do you know how to flash a BIOS using 2 floppies? There are other ways, but I've always had good luck using this method. Here's what to do:|
1. create a WinME OEM boot floppy. Download the file from bootdisk.com, insert a blank floppy disk, then double click on the file & follow the instructions. This will create Disk #1.
2. Go to the Gigabyte site & download the F8 BIOS for model GA-8I915P-MF
3. Double click on the file & it will unpack into a folder containing the following 3 files: 8i9pmf.f8, autoexec.bat, FLASH893.EXE
- right click on autoexec.bat & select Edit. It will open in notepad & the text will be: flash893 8i9pmf.f8. Add the following switches (/py/sn/f/cc/r) to the end of the text so that it's flash893 8i9pmf.f8 /py/sn/f/cc/r & then save the change. Copy 8i9pmf.f8, FLASH893.EXE, & the newly edited autoexec.bat to a blank floppy disk. This is Disk #2.
4. Make sure your BIOS boot order is set so that the floppy drive is listed 1st. Insert Disk #1, boot off it & select Minimal Boot. When it stops at the A:\> prompt, eject Disk #1 & insert Disk #2
5. At the A:\> prompt, type autoexec.bat, press Enter & let it do it's thing....
When the flash is complete, the system will reboot.
message edited by riider