|You keep saying there are issues but you provide no specific details.|
If you didn't delete anything for the printer yourself then whatever the messages are about was probably not deleted, it's just not present.
If you can't get the installation of the software from the CD to work, there may be problems with your computer reading the CD, or that particular software installation may have bugs.
In that case, you download the proper software installation from the web from the manufacturer's web site and try installing that.Generally, manufacturers delete or fix software installations that they get feedback about that the software doesn't work properly, so usually the one you get from the web has no bugs that would cause installation problems..
Otherwise, the info at the For more details link in response one tells you what you need to know.
In that info it points out that it can be a very good idea to disable any resident modules of anti-malware software you have running, otherwise the printer's software may not install properly.That's probably the most common reason the software doesn't install properly, other than not installing the printer's software the right way otherwise.
If you want any further help you need to provide......
- your computer make and model
- the make and model of the printer, or multifunction printer / scanner / etc.
If you don't know what your specific model is, quote any info you can find that is printed on it or on labels that are on it.
- Which method are you trying to connect by ? Most printers, or multifunction printer / scanner / etc. devices, connect via a USB connection, but some can connect via a wired network connection (a network cable) or a wireless network connection.
I'm assuming you're connecting it via a USB connection. That's covered in the info I provided.
If you're connecting to it via a wired network connection (a network cable) that should be easy.
If you're connecting to it via a wireless network connection, that can be complicated to get working.
- the exact wording of the error messages you're getting.
- the names of any anti-malware software that is installed - anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-trojan, anti-rootkit , etc. software.
- the names of any third party software firewall programs that is installed, if any.