|Make, model, age of unit? |
Things to troubleshoot:
- Was unit dropped, subjected to electrical spike?
- Is it Blue Screening or just powering off?
- Any error messages on screen?
- Any lights blinking, glowing on system? Any blinking light patterns/codes?
- Any sounds - beeps, beep codes, loud fans, grinding noises (fans or hard drives).
- Any smells from system - smoke, electrical?
- Check AC outlet unit is plugged into.
- Battery condition - is battery OK & charging?
- Check Power supply (test voltage and on another laptop if possible), cords, connectors (male).
- Check AC power connector (female connector) on the motherboard (sometimes the connections break/crack).
- Motherboard (pull & inspect), check fans
- Test HDD
- Test RAM
- Test/pull DVD/CD ROMS, floppy drives (if older unit).
MOOOOooove! OH and you're welcome!