I'll start off with saying I'm not very technical, but I believe I've tried a fair share already to fix my issue at hand, which is the following. I also don't know what the problem exactly is, so I decided to just post this under other hardware.
Yesterday, I installed Terraria via steam. After going through the first time setup (XNA Framework, etc...). My main monitor, a BenQ RL series, suddenly went black. It was still powered on, but my entire desktop jumped to my second screen.
I've been busy trying to fix it, but to no luck yet, so I'll include the things I've tried already.
- My benQ is plugged in a DVI slot, so I tried swapping out the cable with another one.
- My other screen is using the HDMI slot, so I tried switching the cables between the 2, plugging the BenQ in the HDMI, and the other screen in the DVI, still no luck, so I ruled out the cable being faulty seeing as it worked on the other screen, and the video card slot being faulty, since that worked as well.
- I tried the benQ on a different pc, and that worked, so the screen wasn't faulty either.
- I tried power cycling the PC, which some people said have worked for them.
- I've used every slot on the screen, except the DVA, but none work.
- System restoring to before the game installation, and even an entire day before it happened.
- Deleted my video card drivers and reinstalled, same with the XNA framework, just to be sure.
This lead me to believe the issue is with my windows, a software issue, or something with my monitor settings, since Windows doesn't even detect the benQ.
When I unplug my other screen, and leave the benQ in, I see the system bootup, right until the moment the windows screen pops up, then it goes black again.
I was able to boot the benQ in safe mod, but the other screen was unplugged, and didn't work when I plugged it back in.
If I go into the BIOS with my benQ, the only thing I can see is the arrow pointer, not the actual screen. This does not happen with my other screen.
As a last resort, I yesterday completely formatted my pc, upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10, but the problem still persists.
My specs are:
- Windows 10
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
- Intel Core I5-6500
So yeah, I'm at a loss right now basically, I've no clue what else I can do to try and fix it.
So if anyone has even the slightest idea what this can be, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance