|I have to merge two Partitions (Physical and one logical) in my system. I am using win XP Professional. Total Hard Disk Space is 40 GB. C: is 10 GB,D: is 10 GB, E is 10 GB, F is 10 GB. C is physical drive and others are extended to logical. I wanted to Merge C and F drive. I have tried the following in my machine for the same:-|
Step 1. command line (Start > Programs > Accessories > Command line) and type DISKPART.
Step 2. At the prompt line (DISKPART>), type:
- LIST DISK
- SELECT DISK [enter disk number]
- LIST PARTITION
- SELECT PARTITION 5 (or number of partition to be absorbed)
- DELETE PARTITION (this will format the partition to be absorbed, so make sure you have a copy of your files elsewhere)
Step 3. Now, to extend partition #1:
- LIST VOLUME
- SELECT VOLUME [enter number of the volume assigned to your C drive]
- EXTEND (this will resize partition #1 to take up all the unallocated space in the hard drive)
Result: But this didn't worked.
It thows error to check the drive.
Therefore, at ast i merged the drive E and F since they both are logical drives of extended memory.
Is it possible to merge any one Logical drive (Out of 2 logical drives) to the Physical drive.
Kindly help and advice.