|I own an HP laptop, model Pavillion dv4 1430US. The screen is extremely dim, I can really only see the screen and icons when holding a flashlight to the screen. I connected the laptop to an external monitor, works perfectly, so video card should be ok. Checked all display properties, brightness, etc. Did my research, this is what I have done thus far:|
1. Replaced LCD screen with new LCD screen, same result
2. Re-installed old screen again
3. Installed new inverter, same result, screen still dim
4. Installed new LCD display cable, same result
5. Tried with old/new inverter, same result
I am pretty much at the end of my wits here. Questions:
- Do new screens come with LCD bulbs?
- Could there be an error with the motherboard?
- Some keys on the keyboard (e.g. ENTER) are not working - could this be a reason?
My guess is that there could also be a switch that is activated when the laptop is closed, maybe it is stuck.
ANY HELP/SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!